Do you want to remodel your garden fountain without having to spend a lot of money? Are you looking for unique DIY water fountain designs to make your garden stand out? Fortunately, you can easily revamp your garden fountain from the comfort of your home by using your arts and crafts skills.
Garden fountains add a tranquil element to your outdoor spaces. With sufficient research, building a DIY garden fountain by yourself can be cost-effective, and you can customize it according to your needs. It’s up to you, from the material to the size and type of water fountain!
In this article, I will show you seven easy homemade garden fountain ideas to help you build a garden fountain to elevate your garden’s appeal.
DIY Garden Fountain Ideas
After building numerous DIY garden fountains, I have gathered seven homemade garden fountain ideas that I am sure you would love! I have also included detailed steps to guide you through the building process. If you wish to recycle the goods you already have at home, you can try building the budget-friendly fountains I have included!
1. Bubble Fountain
If you’re looking for a fun and innovative way to make your garden look more lively, I have the perfect option for you! A bubble fountain can significantly help enhance your garden’s overall appearance.
The fountain’s size typically ranges from 15-240 cm in height and 15-150 cm in width. Therefore, this fountain can be built with little to no hard work and can be customized according to your garden size. If you are on a tight budget, this could be a great DIY garden fountain idea!
To build a bubble fountain at home, these are the steps you must follow:
- Begin by stacking the brick at the bottom of the larger pot.
- Add a couple of larger rocks around the bottom of the pot.
- You should then find a stable spot for the pump to rest.
- Next, stack the smaller pot on the brick and decide where the hole for the tubing needs to be.
- Finally, drill a small hole large enough for the tubing.
And there you have created a DIY water fountain.
2. Wine bottle fountain
Do you want to add a vintage touch to your garden? If so, a wine bottle fountain would be the perfect homemade garden fountain idea for you! You can easily recycle the empty wine bottles from the last party you threw and build a garden fountain. Since wine bottles come in various sizes, you can create a large or small fountain.
Fortunately, building this fountain is fairly simple. To build a homemade wine bottle fountain, you must follow the following steps:
- Clean an empty wine bottle.
- Attach a small pump to the bottom.
- Insert into the container of the water and secure the bottle on top.
- Turn on the pump for a wine bottle fountain.
3. Bamboo water fountain
If you’re looking for an eco-friendly addition to your garden, I have a unique DIY garden fountain idea for you! This bamboo fountain will bring tranquillity to your garden and transform your surroundings into a peaceful sanctuary.
Generally, the size of the bamboo fountain ranges from 2-8 feet in height. However, you can design your fountain according to the size of your garden as well. To build the fountain, you will need bamboo poles, a submersible pump, a reservoir/container, tubing, a drill, a hose, decorative stones, waterproof sealant, a saw, pliers, a screwdriver, and an adjustable wrench.
Once you have purchased the items needed to build the water fountain, follow these steps:
- Gather materials and select bamboo poles.
- Prepare the reservoir and install the pump.
- Assemble the bamboo and drill holes.
- Attach tubing and seal connections.
- Fill the reservoir and test the fountain.
And there you have it DIY water fountain that you built yourself!
4. Jug water fountain
Jug water fountains are another simple homemade garden fountain idea to take your garden to another level. This fountain is ideal if you own a spacious garden because it tends to take up space.
Following are the steps to build a jug garden fountain:
- Select a decorative jug with a spout.
- Place a submersible pump in a water basin.
- Connect tubing from pump to jug spout.
- Fill a basin with water and plug in the pump.
While this fountain may require effort, the outcome is undoubtedly worth it!
5. Wheelbarrow fountain
If you want to add charm and character to your garden space, the wheelbarrow fountain should be the design you should look for! The only materials you will need for building this fountain are a wheelbarrow, submersible pump, water basin, tubing, drill, decorative stones, waterproof sealant, and a power source.
- Drill holes in a wheelbarrow for tubing and pump.
- Place the submersible pump in the water basin.
- Connect the tubing to the pump and wheelbarrow.
- Fill the basin with water and plug in the water pump.
6. Clay pot fountain
Do you want your garden to have more of a classic look? Then this DIY garden fountain idea is what you might be looking for. Some rocks, a fountain pump, sturdy clay pots, and a few tools are all you need! You can recycle some old clay pots that you have and change your garden’s appearance significantly.
- Gather a clay pot, a water pump, and tubing
- Create a hole in the pot for the tubing.
- Place the pump inside the pot and connect the tubing.
- Add water, plug in the pump, and enjoy your homemade clay pot fountain!
7. Bricks and LED water fountain
Do you have some spare LEDs and extra bricks around your house? If so, then run, grab them, and make this effortless DIY water fountain! Fortunately, that’s all you need to build this unique water fountain.
To build a brick and LED water fountain, you must follow the following steps:
- Lay a brick foundation.
- Build a brick structure with space for water.
- Install LED lights.
- Connect a water pump.
- Enjoy your brick and LED water fountain at home!
Most gardeners think that building a water fountain requires a handsome amount of money and a lot of effort. Fortunately, you can easily make DIY garden fountains at home by recycling old products that are no longer in use. The ideas I have mentioned above also require little to no effort. Budget-friendly homemade garden ideas in this article will make your garden look top-notch.
If you’re looking for the least time-consuming homemade garden fountain idea, I suggest building the Wheelbarrow fountain. The fountain takes less time to build, and its materials, like a wheelbarrow, can easily be found at your house!
How do I build a water fountain in my background?
While the steps to build a garden fountain vary depending on your requirements and the type of fountain you aim to build, I have listed the steps to create a simple water fountain!
1. Dig a hole for the reservoir.
2. Install a water pump and connect the tubing.
3. Arrange rocks or a decorative feature.
4. Fill with water, plug in the pump, and enjoy your backyard water fountain!
How Do I Make A Simple Water Feature?
Creating a simple water feature is straightforward and can be built with materials you find around your house. Begin by selecting a container and placing a water pump inside. You should then connect the pump to a fountain nozzle. Next, fill the container with water and plug in the pump. You can adjust the water flow according to your desires!
Which Materials Are Used To Make A Fountain At Home?
Some popular materials used to build garden fountains are stones, bricks, ceramic, fiberglass, concrete, clay, and glass.